The Intertwine Alliance is a coalition of 150+ public, private, and nonprofit organizations working to integrate nature more deeply into the Portland-Vancouver metropolitan region.
Partners share a collective vision for a thriving, multi-jurisdictional, inter-connected system of neighborhood, community and regional parks, natural areas, trails, open spaces, educational programming, and recreation opportunities distributed equitably throughout the region.
The region-wide system known as The Intertwine:
- Drives the region's economy and tourist trade
- Preserves significant natural areas for wildlife habitat and public use
- Enhances the region's air and water quality
- Promotes citizens' health, fitness, and personal well-being
- Connects the region's communities with trails and greenways
- Provides sense of place and community
- Achieves equity, including racial equity
- Supports an ecologically sustainable metropolitan area
- Support residents in lifelong learning about and stewardship of nature
- Reduces, mitigates, and helps us adapt to climate change